Pet Emergency Services
When You Need It Most
What Is An Emergency and What To Do?
SIGNS OF AN EMERGENCY SITUATION
- Rapid breathing 30-40 breaths per minute is normal >60 indicates pain, low oxygen, or both.
- Bleeding from a wound or any orifice. If possible, apply pressure to the wound. Muzzle dog if in pain or you may get bitten.
- Unable to urinate AND the pet is lethargic, vomiting, and/or howling.
- Repeated vomiting AND weakness.
- Pregnant animal in labor straining to deliver for 1 to 2 hours with no success.
- Sudden change of mentation: wobbly, falling, or suddenly unable to get up.
- Squinting and/or a painful eye that your pet won’t stop rubbing at.
- Poison ingestion: Induce vomiting (except if acid, in which case give milk) with 1 to 2 tsp of hydrogen peroxide orally within 20 minutes of ingestion.
WHAT IS A TRUE MEDICAL EMERGENCY?
If there are signs of an emergency situation as listed above and the following:
- You are unable to lift a heavy dog.
- The pet is trapped, struggling, and damaging themselves.
- Attempts to move the pet are a physical danger to you, your pet, or both.
- Transport to a veterinary care facility is unavailable or impossible.
In an emergency call us: (310)477-4140
MY PET IS BLEEDING AND IT WON’T STOP
Call for an instant phone consult: (310)477-4140
MY DOG CAN’T GET UP AND I CAN’T MOVE HIM/HER
Try Instant Consult™ to speak to a live veterinarian to help you determine if you have a true medical emergency or if there are measures you can take until a veterinarian is available. Daytime emergency house calls are limited at this time. Call for details: (310)477-4140
Why Would I Need An Emergency House Call for My Pet?
At a time when you and your beloved pet are feeling the most anxious, PriVET Pet Care knows how important it is to quickly speak with an expert who can give you their undivided attention. From difficulty breathing to digesting something harmful to a pet that is trapped and struggling, if you notice your pet is behaving abnormally or find yourself in a helpless situation, contact our licensed veterinarians for an emergency house call consultation.Learn More
Emergency Services We Offer
At PriVET Pet Care, our highly-skilled veterinarians are committed to finding your family pet the best medical and treatment solution when it matters most. From emergency technician assistance to aid in gathering your pet’s medical records, our emergency services are geared toward meeting this very standard of care.Learn More